Thursday, December 3, 2015

Double Wedding Ring Quilt

I took a break from this blog because I blogged everyday on my photo blog for a month. I really enjoy the photo blog, but find it time consuming to maintain two blogs - I need to find a balance that works for me.

I am still working on all my hobbies.
I finally finished my French General Double Wedding Ring quilt!


It is 60"x71". The fabric is a fat quarter pack of Rouenneries Deux by French General, along with some yardage for the centres and little blocks from the same fabric line. I used wool batting and flannel backing.


For the free motion quilting I used Bottom Line thread.


For the quilting designs I chose continuous curves for all the pieces in the rings, and also in the centres along with straight lines through the centres, there are also circles in the little lens shapes (to compliment the circles in the piecing - my son told they look like lots of eyes).


For all the continuous curves the quilting foot acted as my guide.


I used an acrylic ruler for the straight lines for the first time - it worked so well.



I also finished a few knitting projects -

A couple cowls -
Seeds to Flowers Cowl
Ice Queen
and a pair of hand spun wool socks -



Now I am working on a hand spun sweater. This one is knit top down (no pattern, just making it up as I go).

Back in October I had the Craftsy month pass and picked up a new hobby - baking! This hobby my family notices and loves.

pecan pie
cheese soufflé
meringue kisses
danish pastries
Pavlova
more bread


New kitchen appliances last month helped too.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...